We look forward to having the opportunity to continue serving our community in the midst of the COVID-19 threat. Here are some things we have done to ensure we can provide uninterrupted care to you and your family:
Davam Urgent Care is offering monoclonal antibody infusion treatment for Covid-19 positive patients that are at high risk progression to severe Covid-19. Treatment used is recommended by the CDC and under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the U.S. FDA.
The infusion may be administered to patients within 10 days of symptom onset. To be eligible to receive the infusion you must be identified by a health care provider as a High Risk Individual. If identified as a High Risk Individual there are certain limitations that would not allow you to receive treatment.
Criteria for Identifying High Risk Individuals
The following medical conditions or other factors may place adults and pediatric patients (age 12-17 years and weighing at least 40 kg) at higher risk for progression to severe COVID-19:
- Older age (for example, age ≥65 years of age)
- Obesity or being overweight (for example, BMI >25 kg/m2 , or if age 12-17, have BMI ≥85th percentile for their age and gender based on CDC growth charts, https://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/clinical_charts.htm)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Immunosuppressive disease or immunosuppressive treatment
- Cardiovascular disease (including congenital heart disease) or hypertension
- Chronic lung diseases (for example, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma [moderate-to-severe], interstitial lung disease, cystic fibrosis and pulmonary hypertension)
- Sickle cell disease
- Neurodevelopmental disorders (for example, cerebral palsy) or other conditions that confer medical complexity (for example, genetic or metabolic syndromes and severe congenital anomalies)
• Having a medical-related technological dependence (for example, tracheostomy, gastrostomy, or positive pressure ventilation (not related to COVID-19))
Limitations of Authorized Use
- Patients who are hospitalized due to Covid-19, or
- Who require oxygen therapy due to COVID-19, or
- Who require an increase in baseline oxygen flow rate due to Covid-19 in those on chronic oxygen therapy due to underlying non-Covid-19 related comorbidity.
For those who have received recommendation or referral for treatment from a health care provider. Please fill out the information below and attach either recent positive Covid-19 result from qualified lab or health care provider, referral for infusion from licensed health care provider, or clinical documentation showing recommendation for infusion by licensed health care provider. Once information is received our infusion team will contact you for scheduling.
For more information regarding scheduling and availability please call the clinic or email IV@davam.com.
Learn more information regarding monoclonal antibody infusion treatment via: